Did you know? The average age of an Ivy Tech student is 27 years old. More than 67% of our students work full-time jobs. Nearly half of Ivy Tech students are parents to one or more children. Research has demonstrated that lack of affordable, quality and convenient childcare is often a barrier to students completing their education.
Early Childhood Learning Center at Ivy Tech Evansville:
Ivy Tech Community College Evansville would appreciate your contribution towards the renovations of the on campus Early Childhood Learning Center, a partnership managed by CAPE Head Start. There are two Head Start classrooms and two Early Head Start classrooms, offering 51 openings. This is a great opportunity to enrich our community through the gift of early childhood education and support Ivy Tech student parents education and career goals. Ivy Tech students have priority enrollment access. In addition, the learning center will be used as an experiential learning center for students in Ivy Tech's Early Childcare Education program.
We are Certified:
CAPE Head Start centers are NAEYC Accredited and meet or exceed Indiana Child Care Licensing Regulations, Head Start Performance Standards and NAEYC Standards.
- Full Day/Year Round Enrollment
- Hours of operation: Mon.-Fri. 7:00 A.M. to 5:30 P.M.
- Accepting children from 6 weeks to 5 years
- Accepting CCDF Voucher & Gatekeeper
- Sliding scale fee
- Comprehensive School Readiness Program
- Individualized Early Childhood Education
- Free Developmental and Health Screenings
- Free Nutritious Meals and Snacks
- Family Engagement Activities & Trainings
Opportunities to Make a Significant Impact
The learning center foyer will feature a Donor recognition wall feature, designed by Visual Communication student, Rachel Fitzwater. This design will feature various levels of recognition:
- $100-$250 - Name feature on a group plaque
- $250-$499 - Name feature on 5x5 individual plaque
- $500 and above - Name feature on 8x8 individual plaque
- Room naming opportunities for gifts $10,000 and above