Kokomo-Student Assistance Funds
Our Student Assistance fund is available to help students successfully complete their classes by assisting them with their emergency needs.
It can be a struggle for students who are facing financial challenges to afford housing, food, clothes and other basic necessities. For example:
- A student may be one flat tire away from dropping out
- Others may be unable to afford gas to drive to and from campus for a week
- A student may struggle to pay for child care forcing them to stay at home to care for their children rather than attend class.
When a student chooses to enroll at Ivy Tech, they have taken a step toward improving their skills for the betterment of themselves, their families and communities. There are many financial barriers students face while attending Ivy Tech Community College.
The expectation for receiving student assistance is that students must be:
- in good academic and financial standing with the College
- attending class on a regular basis
- making satisfactory progress in their current coursework.
Providing financial support that minimizes barriers makes a difference in our students achieving their goals and strengthens our communities.